Full Testing Done - Recommendations Needed

firehunter

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2016
Houston
So I finally pulled the whole TF-100 test kit out and completed all the tests. My results are:

FC = 16
CC = 0
TA = 60
CYA = 50
CH = 325
Ph = 7.8
Salt = 4600 (some solidification at bottom of test tube, is this normal?)

Salt was added to our pool on Th. I wasn't there, so I am not sure how many bags were added. The remote control showed 2000ppm and each day it increased and now shows 3300ppm, earlier today it showed 3400ppm. The Taylor salt test kit I bought with the TF-100 says salt is at 4600ppm. I may try testing again.

Remote control says pool chlorinator is at 85%. Since FC is 16, should I reduce this?

How do I use the R-7065 to test my CYA reagent to ensure I am testing properly? I want to make sure I did the CYA test right.

Ph seems to creep up every day or other day and I add a little muriatic acid when it does.

Chlorine in pool would fall and then get super chlorinated when pool builder added pucks to skimmers. After a few days it would fall and I would add liquid chlorine to keep it up. After they added salt on Th and turned on the SWG they didn't add any more pucks and chlorine seems super high.

Trying to schedule pool school for this week with our builder.

Do you recommend I do anything at this point or wait for pool school?

Last edited:
Your results show FC as 325? but you mention 16 also. Assuming that it is 16, it is high for the amount of CYA. You either need to reduce SWG output or pump run time to bring down FC. You also need to bump up CYA to at least 60 and maintain FC based on FC/CYA chart in Pool School on this site. Not sure what your Pool Builder Pool School will tell you, but I highly recommend reading Pool School here. It will answer so many of your questions and from my personal experience make your pool something to enjoy instead of labor over.

The instructions for the R-7065 are here: TFTestkits.net.

Hope that helps!

Oops thank you. Corrected FC to 16 and added CH of 325.

Yes, that does help. Thank you. I will see if I can figure out how to reduce SWG output and what I need to do to increase CYA. I still need to figure out a more accurate gallon estimate for our pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.