variable pump speeds

Welcome to TFP!

I run mine at 1100 rpm to skim, filter and make chlorine with the SWG. Find the speed where the SWG gives a low flow error, mine is 900 rpm, and raise it a couple of hundred rpm. 6-8 hours is probably long enough.

I'm actually using four speeds. But then my pool has a SWG, in floor cleaning system, and solar heating. Each task may require a different speed. You always look for the lowest effective speed for each task. I run a short cleaning cycle in the AM at 2800rpm, skim and chlorinating at 1400rpm mid day, and 1000rpm for extra filtration late afternoon. Anytime heat is called for and available, the solar controller ramps the pump up to 2600 and opens the valves to the solar panels.

I have speed 2 set at 2100 rpm for the solar panels, the solar controller automatically switches to it when solar heat is available. And speed 3 set at 2500 rpm to check filter pressure and I use that speed with 100% bottom drain suction when I brush my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.