Please help my sisters pool

I'm went to my sister's house tonight and she just bought the house. There is an inground pool (30ftx17ft 3.5ft to 5.5 ft depth) that they are trying to open. I believe its a sand filter and there is aquarite SWG. I took my TF-100 and tested their water. They pour liquid chlorine and algeacide in the pool on thursday

Test results from today:
Chlorine 0
pH 8.2
TA 30
CH 30
CYA 0
Temp: not sure
salt 940 (test strip) unit says 1300

Just now we put in 20 lbs of salt and 2 bottles of shock.

I'm not sure where to start as I'm not sure how similar inground and above ground pools are. Their neighbor told them that there is always a cloudiness to the pool which I told them that the water would be crystal clear when we are done.

You need to get the PH and TA at least plausible right away. You need to have a care with PH when the TA is that low. I suggest raising the TA to about 50 (which will make adjusting PH simpler), then lower the PH to about 7.2, then raise the TA to about 80, and finally double check the PH to be sure it is still plausible. Remember that the PH test is not reliable while FC is above 10.

Raise CYA up to about 80, but do it in perhaps three steps. The first step should be done right away and raise CYA to around 30. That will make killing all the algae much simpler.

Then finish killing all the algae.

After that, you can work on the second CYA increase, any final adjustments to the salt level, and startup the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.