Doheny Discovery

Mine is running right now. Seems very nice so far. Just got it a few days ago. Climbs and cleans well. Does some wheelies for some reason? Very easy to clean.

I was laughing at the wheelies. I figured out that those come from trapped air bubbles in the robot. You can remedy this by flipping it vertical or on its side before letting fall all the way down to the bottom of the pool.

Did any of you buy a caddy for this? I'm thinking of going ahead with it but would like to get a caddy for it. The s300 caddy would be the obvious choice but I haven't seen it selling separately. The other Dolphin caddies I see advertised all look the same but I just would like to get one that fits it well, holds the power supply, etc.

Shoot! I wish I had seen this thread just a few days earlier before I purchased a Nautilus Plus from Epic Pool. I had wanted the S200/Active 20, but it wasn't available for less than $900 from local dealers. Oh well. The Nautilus Plus seems to have decent reviews.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No prob. On a side note, I noticed that the Discovery uses the control box of the s300 which has bluetooth. I tried pairing it with the app but it does not seem to work. I know that the s300 and s300i has issues pairing so I wondering if anyone got it to work?

No prob. On a side note, I noticed that the Discovery uses the control box of the s300 which has bluetooth. I tried pairing it with the app but it does not seem to work. I know that the s300 and s300i has issues pairing so I wondering if anyone got it to work?

I noticed the same thing and came up empty handed. I think the control box has everything needed to make it function as an S300, but requires the proper signal from the unit itself. Also, I did notice a weight difference in the S series specifications. The S200 weighs less, than the S300 models, which might account for a missing control board... maybe..?

If you look at the connector on the power supply, it has 4 prongs, but the cable coming from the robot only has 2. Guessing the other two may be used on the s300 for additional functionality.

What is the best strategy for using the two different filters? Use the coarse ones for routine cleaning of leaves, twigs, etc. and then the fine ones on occasion to pick up small debris?

Long time to wait. Do you have a neighbor with a pool to test it. I guess you didn't want to miss the sale like me.

Just got my pool finished and supposed to wait 28 days before using. It will be only 14 days if it arrives as promised on Thursday.

But, I'll have to test it before putting it into full service. :) Also have to decide on a name for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.