Above GRound Pool Help

Jun 27, 2016
Indiana
Hello All,
I am new to the forum, but have had an AG pool for a few years now. But we just moved and I paid to have the pool tore down and moved. Now a year later, I am getting ready to DIY the install. I have levels out the ground, leveled the blocks and placed the resin track. I had help to install the walls, posts and upper metal track. Now, it seems as if it is out of round and the walls do not touch the blocks in some areas. I know I had them all pretty darn close to level. It was a PITA to install the wall and I had to move the track a bit to get the wall to bolt together. I have yet to install the liner or any water. How can I get it back to round and touching the blocks? Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Did you have a stake in the middle to measure the block placement? Is it a round pool or oval? If it is round you can measure the radii from center to each post.

It's normal during the wall install for things to move around and get all out of whack. If it's a round pool and now that you have the wall bolts in go around and measure from the center to each area of the wall where a post is and make adjustments by lightly kicking the bottom of the wall with your foot moving it in and out as needed to hit the measurement. The bottom rails will move around with in the bottom plate. Just make sure to try and keep the bottom rails all with close to the same gap between them in the bottom plate. As you're shifting things around to get the pool trued up you'll also want to be working to get the bottom plates centered as much as possible on the blocks.

They don't have to be exactly centered but you'll at least want them on the block. Yes it's a pain but with people to help it goes pretty quick.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Did you have a stake in the middle to measure the block placement? Is it a round pool or oval? If it is round you can measure the radii from center to each post.

Yes, it is a round 24' x 52" pool. I placed a stake in the center of the area, measured 12' and painted a circle. Then took a 12' 2x4 and secured it to the stake with level and that is how I leveled the ground and all blocks. Then I tried to stake down the track so they wouldn't move, but they did anyway. I had to remove my center stake as the sand was added. So now I have lost my center, but I can probably find it pretty easy. I already attached the side posts and centered them left to right, but some are sagging in and some are sagging out. Hoping the water will straighten them up.

You should have assembled your bottomed track, measured the whole way around it making sure it was round and 24' and p k aced your blocks under the pavers. Then remove the track and sink and level the pavers. If your post are leaning in and out, the pool is not completely round and it needs to be fixed. The water will not fix it.

You should have assembled your bottomed track, measured the whole way around it making sure it was round and 24' and p k aced your blocks under the pavers. Then remove the track and sink and level the pavers. If your post are leaning in and out, the pool is not completely round and it needs to be fixed. The water will not fix it.

I leveled all blocks before placing the track and walls on it. I leveled them, front to back and left to right. Once I leveled all 16, I went around again from center stake with board and level to make sure all were still level from center at which they were.

This is what we did but also leveled from adjacent blocks. A little nervous when we got to the last block but was off by 1/16 " so we laughed in relief. When we put the track back on (as Casey stated) and the wall, of course it moved. We used the stake and 2x4 to realign the posts to make a perfect circle then used tent stakes to hold in place. Once filling started we removed the stakes per instructions.

I leveled all blocks before placing the track and walls on it. I leveled them, front to back and left to right. Once I leveled all 16, I went around again from center stake with board and level to make sure all were still level from center at which they were.

What's I'm saying is you use the track as a template and you'll know where to place your pavers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.