CompuPool Circuit board - 230 to 115 volt conversion.

Hal3

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I discovered that my pool equipment is running on 115 volts instead of 230 volts.

Does anyone know exactly how to move the connectors on the CompuPool circuit board to convert from 230 to 115 volts? The owners manual is not crystal clear on that to my eye.

Thanks for any info.

I am also waiting for a response from the manufacturer in Australia.

Everything is raring to go as soon as I make sure the board is set up correctly!

The salt level is exactly 3500 and the chemistry is perfect.

[attachment=1:1sqi1dgn]American Tranny PC BOARD 230V.doc[/attachment:1sqi1dgn]
[attachment=0:1sqi1dgn]American Tranny PC BOARD 115V.doc[/attachment:1sqi1dgn]

Attachments

• American Tranny PC BOARD 230V.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 44
  • American Tranny PC BOARD 115V.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 37
Just noticed you meant to say 230-115 conversion in your title. 150 would be an odd voltage. :)

I know how to read electronic schematics and this diagram is just wierd. It does not make sense based on the pieces shown in the diagram.

Like what does the transformer output connect to? Is this diagram supplying the transformer or getting current from the transformer? There is nothing connected. Are the L and N the Live (hot) and Neutral connections, because in 230 you use both hot wires and not the neutral. The neutral is only used to get 115.

What is the "pump socket?" Is this where the pump motor lead connect? So where does the pump motor for 230 connect? I don't see any indication of this.

For 230 you'd pick two live wires.

The diagram is done in Australian terms, where 230 is standard voltage between live and neutral, maybe whoever prepared it didn't know that in USA you need to take it between two phases.

Also correction to my previous response, for 115 you would also need to connect the pump socket to points A and B as specified.

That's why they mention the electrician in there, as he would know how to read that diagram :)

Strannik said:
For 230 you'd pick two live wires.

The diagram is done in Australian terms, where 230 is standard voltage between live and neutral, maybe whoever prepared it didn't know that in USA you need to take it between two phases.

Also correction to my previous response, for 115 you would also need to connect the pump socket to points A and B as specified.

That's why they mention the electrician in there, as he would know how to read that diagram :)

Hehehe. Most electricians might be confused too based on what I have been seeing lately. :)

It explains it since 230 is your normal 1 phase. Yep, us silly North Americas mess it up with our 120.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Strannik said:
According to those diagrams all you need to do is move orange wire from J8 to J14, and red from J12 to J11

Exactly!

After all of that struggling I called the US number that was given to me by the guys in Australia. They were very helpful and walked me through the change which is basically just as outlined above.

Strangely enough, the number the guys in Australia gave me was the same one on the sticker on the side of the unit that said "Call this number for service in the US."

Unit fired up and worked perfectly.

So, nothing but praise for the CompuPool people.

Directions? What directions? :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.