Advice for cloudy water?

CYA 80. Been slamming at 31. Cartridge filter. I can see the tails side of the nickel at the bottom of the pool. We started. waaay back in May, with a green pool. Then cloudy/milky water. Looks good now. I am having a hard time believing there is still algae. Brushing/vacuuming every day, changing filter 3x a day. Thursday I thought we passed the overnight test, couldn't test last night. Stopped adding bleach yesterday.

Also, just because this summer has been so fun, we seem to have a leak.

I'm guessing at this point, but it feels like your filter can't clear the dead contaminants. 31 for weeks should clear vomit chunks...

I have a 500# sand filter and I can clear mustard algae from 27k gal at 15 FC (with judicious brushing).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So glad things are looking great! Well done. It feels good when it was you taking control of your pool and pocketbook!

Please consider donating to help us keep the website running and let us volunteers keeping helping other pool owners. We can't really help it, we're addicted but having a website makes it easier to help lots of people!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.