Rehab project in New Brunswick, Canada

I poured the concrete deck on Monday, which was a partial disaster.... I'd love to blame the hottest, sunniest day of the summer, or my crew that couldn't make it, or a number of other things... but in the end it's on me for tackling a 1700+ sq.ft. stamped concrete job as my first ever attempt at stamping. Overall, I'm disappointed, but it is what it is and I can work away at fixing the bad spots... maybe even break some of it out next summer and do it over. I've got all the tools, and I've learned A LOT!

So, bottom line, the sun came out seriously hot and with a breeze... easily the hottest day of the summer for us, and the concrete set faster than we (my totally inexperienced crew and I) could finish it. Some areas are pretty decent (especially the one area with shade)... but some are awful...even some footprints in places, which you can't see until you clean off the stamping release powder! Oh well... I can only laugh about it now.... here it is, in all it's glory! LOL!

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Sorry to hear about your deck. But glad to hear you have a pragmatic outlook about it.

Even our deck which was done professionally, it's both stamped and carved, isn't the best (ok better than yours) :rolleyes: but still. The sun also came out hot and unexpectedly during our pour and caused part of it to dry quicker, with a mixture that wasn't wet enough.

And yes, it can come out and be fixed, though be careful to get the bonding back in place when doing so.

I'll be in beautiful NB (and NS) starting Friday.

Sorry to hear about your deck. But glad to hear you have a pragmatic outlook about it.

Even our deck which was done professionally, it's both stamped and carved, isn't the best (ok better than yours) :rolleyes: but still. The sun also came out hot and unexpectedly during our pour and caused part of it to dry quicker, with a mixture that wasn't wet enough.

And yes, it can come out and be fixed, though be careful to get the bonding back in place when doing so.

I'll be in beautiful NB (and NS) starting Friday.

I watched your build thread... beautiful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.