Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
We just completed the redoing of our stamped concrete patio. I now need to install new brass anchors in. My winter safety cover is a Merlin, so Merlin anchors were used in the original install. Never had an issue. Now that I am installing new, I am wondering if there is a "Best" brass anchor to install out there.

Merlin versus Loop Loc.? ...Basically same price.

Does anyone know if one is better than the other?

Are all brass concrete anchors the same in quality?

Any advice?

Thanks
Rich

I highly doubt there is much if any difference between Loop-Loc and Merlin brass anchors in quality. There could possibly be in diameter, etc. I have a Merlin and see no reason not to get the Merlin brass anchors. I also suggest the brass collars to go with them as your concrete will likely chip a little when drilled. The collars will cover this beautifully.

We just completed the redoing of our stamped concrete patio. I now need to install new brass anchors in. My winter safety cover is a Merlin, so Merlin anchors were used in the original install. Never had an issue. Now that I am installing new, I am wondering if there is a "Best" brass anchor to install out there.

Merlin versus Loop Loc.? ...Basically same price.

Does anyone know if one is better than the other?

Are all brass concrete anchors the same in quality?

Any advice?

Thanks
Rich

I can't help with the anchors but can you tell me about the "redo" of your stamped concrete?
We just got a stamped concrete deck and the workmanship leaves something to be desired. I'm thinking we will need deck work again in a few years but not sure what that will involve. Can you educate me on what you had done and what you were charged per sq ft? Would love to see before and after pictures, too!

I'll see if I can find some pics. We had concrete around our pool that had shifted, cracked, full of voids underneath, etc over the years. It wasn't stamped concrete. We had all of it ripped up, re-leveled the surface and had stamped concrete put in with a cantilever edge on the pool ... instead of the white coping. The stamped concrete was $12.50/sq ft installed. That did not include the demo work. We were very happy with the work that was done. The look (stamp) we went with was medium size stones. They smoothed over any rough edges, but because the grout lines are deep, it can be a little difficult to walk on at times. Not that bad though. Our friends went with a marble type stamp that just has some wavy groves, but not large grout lines. The pool deck people we used were not the least expensive, but had a great reputation. I think we mixed 3 or 4 additional colors on top of the base color we picked out to give it a natural look. The last step they did was clean and seal it. We love it. Our pool is 18x36. Cement is 4' wide on the sides, 6ft in the back(deep end) and 12 feet in the low end area. The demo work was about $4k. I will get you some pics as soon as I can.

I'll see if I can find some pics. We had concrete around our pool that had shifted, cracked, full of voids underneath, etc over the years. It wasn't stamped concrete. We had all of it ripped up, re-leveled the surface and had stamped concrete put in with a cantilever edge on the pool ... instead of the white coping. The stamped concrete was $12.50/sq ft installed. That did not include the demo work. We were very happy with the work that was done. The look (stamp) we went with was medium size stones. They smoothed over any rough edges, but because the grout lines are deep, it can be a little difficult to walk on at times. Not that bad though. Our friends went with a marble type stamp that just has some wavy groves, but not large grout lines. The pool deck people we used were not the least expensive, but had a great reputation. I think we mixed 3 or 4 additional colors on top of the base color we picked out to give it a natural look. The last step they did was clean and seal it. We love it. Our pool is 18x36. Cement is 4' wide on the sides, 6ft in the back(deep end) and 12 feet in the low end area. The demo work was about $4k. I will get you some pics as soon as I can.

Thank you for the information! It sounds beautiful!
I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you meant that you somehow RE-DID your stamped concrete. We just had our stamped deck poured a little over 30 days ago and it was not the best quality job. I thought there was possibly something we could do to the deck down the line other than rip it out.
Thank you for responding and I would still love to see pictures:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.