pool renovation help

aussieta

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
we have 13,000 gallon inground concrete pool with quartzon interior that is in very good condition, however
previous pwners did not look after chemistry so interior became "sharp and cut childrens feet"
(not sure but suspect highly acidic, pool store measured ph at 4.5 when we bought house)
they painted with blue epoxy paint
we have had several pool refinishers quote
they all tell me only their product is good and competitors is no good
number 1 sandblast, scratch coat and either quartzon $8.855 or 80% glass bead $9,955
number 2 wants to pressure wash paint off, scratch coat and a similar quartz product $8,800 or 40% glass bead product $9,900 but says quartzon is no good and more than 40% glass bead will not be strong
number 3 sandblast and insists glass tile is the only way $12,500 (i feel glass tiles is too slippery)
number 2 does not want to go any darker than medium blue but suggests adding a mica product for more sparkle
the more quotes i get the more confused i get
ps seems to cost a lot more in Australia to refinish than the USA

with a PH of 4.5 they were trying to get the calcium that had precipitated on the pool wall to come off, basically an acid bath...

Sorry, I have no idea about what type would be better but all 3 would be better than paint, most painted pools only last a couple years that I have seen here..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.