DIY AGP deep end - Esther Williams 15' x 30'

Jun 26, 2016
Lansing NY
Hi all! Long time lurker here. I pulled the trigger and got a used pool to install. I'd like to have a deep end, but I'm having trouble finding instructions for my slat walled pool. I've seen instructions that refer to other instructions for converting the strap braces to work without the straps (to allow for the deep end) but can't find those 'other instructions' anywhere on the Internet. Help!

I believe I have a Carousel model - it's yellow and white, 48" walls.

Hey there, I have no advice to give on a deep end oval with the strap braces but I do remember reading atleast one thread here about it. It's from a few years ago so I don't have a link but I'm sure you can find it by searching. If I'm remembering right the guy lived in Nevada and couldn't find an installer anywhere near him that was willing to do it at first. But eventually he did, so it can definitely be done :) I'll see if I can find it for you when I have more time.

But the main reason I wanted to reply to your post was to link this thread of a build that's going on now of what I think is the same pool you are describing. It's very informative and has plenty of pictures so I thought it might be of help to you atleast until you're ready to set your expandable liner.

Just bought a used Esther Williams 15x30 Carousel

Good Luck!

Thank you Dalf!! That thread is helpful. I called Teddy Bear Pools (they manufacture the spare parts for what I have) to see if they have the old instructions. If they do, I will buy them!!

I found some information about attaching an L-Bracket to the bottom of the wall brace, and burying a large patio block or two for the L bracket to push against, so that the wall will be solid even without the strap. I am interested in it, but I don't want to have my pool fall down - I'd like to do it correctly. So impatient to have a pool up and running though!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.