Water getting low. Leak?

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
Vinyl liner pool. This is our first year with this pool. I think there is a leak. There are two marks on skimmer, high and low water level marks. I had it on the high side mark and in 3 days the water went down one inch. I added water for about 6 hours and filled to high water mark on skimmer. In 3 days it when down 1 inch. This time I'm not going to add any water to see if it drops. What else can I do to find any leaks. If it levels out then I know therr is a rip in vinyl. The pipes were pressure tested in March when we bought the house and pool guy say, all good.

It may just be do to evaporation. Here in AZ, I lose at least 1/2" per day. An inch in 3 days is within range.

You may wish to do the bucket test to verify though. Put a bucket on the step and add water to match the level. Wait a day or three and see if the level is the same in the bucket and the pool. Mark the bucket water level on the side of the bucket. With the bucket being on a step in the pool you are matching the sun exposure and evaporation of the pool. If both lose the same amount of water you don't have a leak.

Let us know the results and we can go from there.

If you have a leak below the water level, wouldn't it leak with the pump on or off? Check your waste port on your filter with the pump running. Make sure there is no water coming out of it when the pump is on and the multi-port valve is set to filter. If there is, check the spider gasket in the multi-port valve. My neighbor just had to replace his due to his wife turning the valve with the pump running. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.