Aquarite PCB error and all lights on

Blooze

Jun 21, 2016
Southern OK
We've had this happen several times now and up until today it's only happened when the booster pump was running. We get the PCB error and the no flow, check salt, high salt, and inspect cell light are all on as is the power LED. Turn power off for a minute or two and it may run fine for the next 8 hours again. I just replaced the flow switch and rinsed the cell which looked quite clean fwiw. I haven't received my Taylor salt test yet, but the instantaneous salinity is within a 100 ppm of what the pool shop is giving us if that matters.

Try turning off the system and unplug the PCB board from the unit and then reseat the board on the pins. This will sometimes fix strange issues with the PCB board as some of the contacts might not be making a good connection.

The display PCB is brand new. I removed it and cleaned the pins gently with an eraser ( which works great for all the electronics I've built over the years). Of course it fired up and appeared to run like it should. We shall see as the rest of the week goes by. I do hate trying to line the front panel up though. Pretty weak mounting system. The inrush current limiter looked fine and no obvious burnt spots on the main board so thats good.

If it happens again, check supply voltage with the booster on. There might be an excessive voltage drop under full load.

Did you try and put a ohmeter on the current limiter? I recently replaced my current limiter and checked the rest of the PCB while I had it out. I was starting to wonder if I needed to check the other big Caps as well.

oOo good suggestion about the booster pump. Now that you mention it the last time I saw mine fail the booster pump was running as well. I think I will check it too. And now that I think of it I put my old booster pump back in service as the current one seized up. Amazingly it fired right up after sitting around for 10 years. Perhaps it throwing some spikes while running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.