need a bit of help with a set up

ben88

Jun 26, 2016
Canada, Montreal
Hi everybody.

It is my second summer as a pool owner and while I finally got a grip on pool chemistry I do have a problem with a set up. I have 18 feet above ground pool with center drain, one skimmer and one return. I have seen the pool in other houses and most of them have a whirlpool of water in the center above the main drain and I can also see water moving around the pool. Somehow I can not achieve that effect. My under skimmer valve is set on draining from both center and skimer, I tested my center drain and it is sucking water, I pointed return nozzle away from skimmer and I get a bit of water movement, but nowhere near what I see in other pools. I would greatly appreciate any input on this matter. Thank you kindly

Hi, welcome to TFP! I don't know if you have a law like this in Canada, but a few years back America passed the Virginia Grahame Baker At. It requires drains to be installed so there is no risk of entrapment. The size of your pump would also effect how pull you see at the main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.