Jury Rigged Pool Vac

acd

Jun 26, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Trying to familiarize myself with all the plumbing and electrical of our new pool. I've noticed our pool vac does a pretty poor job of cleaning the bottom, so I've taken it to the local store to be inspected. Another thing I've noticed is that the vac plugs in directly to the skimmer thru a hole cut in the basket. That isn't supposed to be like that, right? There appears to be an intake/hookup on the side of the pool where it probably should plug in, but when the filter is running, you can't feel any suction when you put your hand up to it. Is it clogged? Can I clear it myself so I can hook the vac up properly?

I've noticed our pool vac does a pretty poor job of cleaning the bottom
I hate vacuuming the pool. I never liked my brand new vac and feel the same way about it as you feel. But I LOVE my Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner and my Pool Blaster Fusion for quick cleanups.

There appears to be an intake/hookup on the side of the pool where it probably should plug in, but when the filter is running, you can't feel any suction when you put your hand up to it. Is it clogged? Can I clear it myself so I can hook the vac up properly?
There may be a valve to turn that on/off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.