Balancing FC?

Jun 20, 2016
Brunswick GA
So my FC sky rocketed (10-20 range) due to pucks and my CYA is 50. So I took the chlorinater basket out like 3-4 days ago. I know pucks aren't part of the program, but I already bought them. Here are my numbers from today (K-2005 test kit). My question is how do I know when/how much liquid chlorine to add?

FC 2-4
TC 2-4
CC 0
CYA 50
pH 7.6
TA 100
( I ran out of time to test calcium hardness so all right test that when I get home)

Thanks guys! The pool water is crystal clear since day 1 (6/16).

Hey, neighbor! A few things:

1) You would benefit GREATLY from a FAS-DPD test for chlorine. You can pick one up from TFTestkits. This will give you precise chlorine readings.

2) What kind of pucks are you using? Different composition give off different "side effects", including hammering your CYA.

3) To see how much liquid bleach to use, use the POOL MATH calculator. Be sure to input the strength of your bleach or liquid chlorine to get the proper result.

OK I will look into ordering just that test. I'm using Tropiclear pucks. And I will check out that calculator because according to the chart on this website my FC needs to be ideally 6.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no salt water generator. I just have a cheap cartridge filter that came with my Intex pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.