FC Instructions and Chart

bosko

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2014
Ventura CA
Hello, I have been looking at this site for a long time and it has helped me a lot with my pool. I want to give the responsibility of daily FC test and adding of chlorine to my Gardener. I made him a instruction sheet (english & Spanish) and a table that shows how much chlorine to add. He will be using my TFTest for this. If there is something screaming wrong please let me know! see attached. I hope it is of use to someone else as long as they put in their own chlorine info based on water volume of their pool, etc.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP!

It depends on how conscientious your Gardener is. The instructions and principle is easy enough to follow, but it all comes down to execution. I would still spot-check periodically. Hopefully, your chart takes into account chlorine demand at different times of the year.

Aside from chlorine, how are the other parameters (pH, CYA, TA, CH) going to be managed - by you or the Gardener? While these parameters do not move as quickly as FC, they will drift over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.