Hayward Xtream Cartridge filter - How do I vacuum?

TerriP

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Marengo/IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I feel seriously silly asking this, but...how do I attach the vacuum to my filter? Its a Hayward cartridge filter. Here is how it was listed on the delivery manifest...Hayward Pool Products 150 SwimPro Elem w/Base/Hoses CAR. I called the manufacturer because there was no instruction manual provided. Hayward told me that it was basically the Hayward Xtream and they sent me that manual.

Here is all it says about vacuuming, "VacuumingVacuuming can be performed directly into the filter whenever needed. For fastest results, clean the filter before and
after each vacuuming. For heavy spring clean ups, we recommend using a Hayward SP0727 diverter valve to bypass
the filter and accelerate the clean up process. Consult your local Hayward dealer for a detailed explanation." What?!? Crappy customer service if you ask me.

Anyone have some guidance?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.