Filter pressure problem

RH60

Jul 12, 2012
Richmond, Va.
AG pool with a 1 HP Hayward matrix pump

Last year got a new sand filter, Hayward 18"

Last summer it ran at about 15 Psi after backwashing.
Starting this season I noticed it runs at 25 psi.
Everything seems to work fine. Could I have a problem or maybe the gauge went off over the winter.

Thanks for any info

PS: have a Lomart skimmer and next time I replace the liner will replace that with the Hayward skimmer. Does anyone sell a repair plate with the cut out already in it, to repair a AG pool wall?

I would be suspect of the gauge. I seem to need a new one every year almost and have driven myself batty thinking something else was wrong when pressure was abnormal.......only to replace gauge and see it was fine. I actually bought 2 last time I went to pool store for one.

I don't know about the parts question but Inyo Pools online has a lot of pool parts.

Sorry just noticed the filter type. Cartridge filters don't normally backwash so what exactly did you do?

Nothing else changed since last year?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry, I was going by your signature. But since it is a sand filter and assuming your gauge is good, it could be the multi-port valve or maybe something internal that is causing the higher pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.