Look what I found when I pulled my cover off (pic)

Almost crystal clear water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, I owe it all the this forum, and that awesome "pool calculator" ! I have been spending the last month bringing up all my chemicals to proper balance, and running my filter about 3 hrs a night. This prior season maintenence payed off BIGTIME. I did a quick vacume, and I am done !
Tha last step is a box of 20 Mule Team Borax, as my PH is a bit low, and that it. I am SO proud of my self (and my neighbor up the street who also opened his in-ground "SWAMP" this weekend is jeleous) :)

I found the same thing when I pulled my cover off!

I'm bettin the neighbor is green with algae.. er envy! Yeah, envy! :mrgreen:

Casey said:
I found the same thing when I pulled my cover off!

I'm bettin the neighbor is green with algae.. er envy! Yeah, envy! :mrgreen:

I basically started testing my water right after "ice out" which was like the last week in March. My chemical levels were all ZERO. I basically had pure drinking water....
6 gallons of shock, 170 oz. of stabilizer, and just running my filter a few hours in the afterenoon, and I have perfectly balanced water ! I am now a firm believer in "getting ahead" of algae in the spring, well BEFORE pool opening, not after..

MikeInTN said:
Great feeling, isn't it? Congrats!

I can't tell you how good I feel! I am a new pool owner, and last season REALLY tested my patients with pool water management. Here in NH last year we had a very mild and wet summer. Perfect for accelerated algae growth. I must have drained my pool water level 10 times last season from excessive rain. My LPS could not keep algaecide in stock fast enough. I battled algae ALL SEASON. I did make some newbie mistakes, but thanks to this forum, and just learning my pool, I am better educated this year ! I got the algae boxing gloves on, and am ready if need be !! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.