.2 ppm iron

May 19, 2016
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In an earlier post I indicated that my first water test I did on my refilled pool from the pool store indicated I had .2 ppm of iron in the water. This seemed odd at the time since I filled with city water from the garden hose.

Recently I did my first slam and had to maintain a FC of 16. I have just completed the slam and have notice no staining at all. Should I assume that I will not require sequestrant , and that either there isn't enough iron in the water to require it, or that the PS test was wrong?

Any my advice as obviously don't want to use sequestrant.

Municipal water can still have iron in it as iron is not considered a contaminant that needs to be treated. Many municipal suppliers will still treat for iron but they typically don't have to report it or do so only on an annual or bi-annual basis.

The 0.2ppm level is near the bottom of the test range so I would probably discount this as pool store testing inaccuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.