Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floor drain has no suction

1. Back To Top    #1

Floor drain has no suction

We just bought our home, and our floor drains appear to not be working either. What valve in the strainer basket are you talking about?

I hope we have the same issue.

Thanks,
    Deke
    Deke
    Santa Fe, Texas
    <19M Gallon In-ground gunite, Centurion pump, Clean & Clear cartridge filter, currently conventional chlorine
    (Shopping and researching for Salt system and Cleaning System)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I think floor drain is blocked-skimmer drain works

Quote Originally Posted by dekebell
    We just bought our home, and our floor drains appear to not be working either. What valve in the strainer basket are you talking about?

I hope we have the same issue.

Thanks,
    Deke
    Deke, how many holes are under the skimmer basket?
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.

3. Back To Top    #3

There are 2. One has a tremendous amount of suction, while the other has none.

I've posted a drawing in another discussion I started in the plumbing/pump section. I'm hoping you guys can get me pointed in the right direction. I am sure of it.

Thanks in advance,
    Deke
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Deke
    Santa Fe, Texas
    <19M Gallon In-ground gunite, Centurion pump, Clean & Clear cartridge filter, currently conventional chlorine
    (Shopping and researching for Salt system and Cleaning System)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dekebell
    There are 2. One has a tremendous amount of suction, while the other has none.

I've posted a drawing in another discussion I started in the plumbing/pump section. I'm hoping you guys can get me pointed in the right direction. I am sure of it.

Thanks in advance,
    Deke
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Ok the one with nothing most likely goes to your floor drain. If you look at the bottom of your skimmer basket there should be a section that when positioned correctly will connect the 2 together when you twist the skimmer. It is kind of boxed off and you put the box so that is sits on top of both holes. Thereby tying the 2 together.

let me know if that works.

Mike
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.