Water clarity problem

Jul 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Hello,

So I noticed my pool was not clear like it had typically been a few days ago, so I went ahead through the SLAM process. It is a concrete pool, and the CYA is a bit high at around 60 so I had to keep the FC levels around 26 ppm. After doing this for two days and brushing a few times a day, I only had 1 ppm loss from last night to this morning and my CC was only .5 ppm. I think I am in the clear for any algae, but the pool is still not as clear as it really should be. I do have a sand filter so I know it is slower going, and I was thinking about adding DE per the instructions on the site. What I am wondering is if there might be a problem with my sand filter? I know the common feeling here is that you do not ever need to replace sand, but I am not clear on what I should look for here in case I just might need to do so?

Would love some advice/ideas on this?

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome to TFP :)

You are all over it, sand will take longer to clear and adding DE will make it go faster.. you can deep clean your filter to get your sand back to really clean :)

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Thanks for the response, and this actually leads me to another question. I have reviewed this Deep Cleaning process in the past, but I am confused on how to do this on my filter since I only have the up/down open/close valve for my backwash. I do not have a "Rinse" cycle as far as I am aware. How would this change the process for me?

Much appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.