Slammed for a week

Jun 23, 2016
Woodstown/NJ
I dont understand why I slammed for a week and still no improvement. It turned dark green to milky white but it won't clear.
Ph..7.2
Cyan..50
Fc..20
Tc..20
Cc..0
Calc..180

36000 gallon hayward sand filter
Filter sand was changed 2 years ago.
Help

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Well, a little more detail would help us help you.

Please provide details of the pool.

When you say you have SLAMed for a week, tell us what you have done and how often?

What test kit are you using?

What products have you put in the pool?

+1 what tim said... keep vacuuming and brushing, and keep your pump running until it's clear.

The "milk" is dead algae, to remove it requires filtration.

As your filter works to clear it, you will find yourself having to backwash a bit more than usual, (the dead algae will collect in your filter).

You have to give it time. In less than an hour after being told to add DE you are complaining that it isn't working:confused:

If you are having to backwash every two days that proves it is filtering the stuff out.

I have been adding dE after each backwash for 5 days now. Im not sure why you thought I just learned this and complained it wasnt working after an hour...confused yes...but anyway There is no improvement. I backwash every 2 days because Im at 10 psi and I clear it when it rises to 13. 2 psi over 2 days leads me to believe its a filtration problem

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been adding dE after each backwash for 5 days now. Im not sure why you thought I just learned this and complained it wasnt working after an hour...confused yes...but anyway There is no improvement. I backwash every 2 days because Im at 10 psi and I clear it when it rises to 13. 2 psi over 2 days leads me to believe its a filtration problem

Nowhere in any of your posts do you mention already using DE in your filter, hence why it looked like you only gave it an hour.

Is there anything else you have added but not mentioned?

Dom

Well...ive given this a few more days and still cloudy. So yesterday flocked and now im crystal clear. I had my sand replaced yesterday, which was the problem behind my cloudy pool. Long story short, slamming ur pool will NOT cure a cloudy pool if your filter is not working properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.