N/B IG pool/spa/grotto/waterfall/slide start 7/26

bcampbell

Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
fontana, CA
Image1466833291.367402.jpg

I'm hoping to start the dig on July 1st, just waiting on funding. It's going to be about 32x20. Still waiting on the other plans.

I have questions on equipment, for now. ;) he quoted me $8700 on equipment, but said I can buy it on my own if I want. His price includes: 400,000 BTU heater, pentair variable speed pump, pentair 3/4 pump(slide/waterfall), DE filter (70 system), 2LED lights (pool/spa), Pentair IC 40, Intermatic timer switch ( no idea what this is), 3 actuators (IDK), 2 backflows, and I can add the system logic easy touch with salt cell for $1200.

I was really thinking that I should get 3 pumps, but don't know if that's overkill.

Don't know much about easy touch or intellitouch, but no that I want automation for my lights, waterfall, spa, etc. If I go this route I'm assuming I have to order special valves.

Thanks in Advance for your wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New build starting July 1st

How many gallons will the pool be?

I would probably go with the EasyTouch 8 and SWG package. Size is the question and why I asked how many gallons.

Actuators are required to automate the movement of the valves that turn features on and off. For example, if you want to click a button to turn on the spa, the Easytouch will activate a actuator to change the flow to the spa.

I used these actuators. You can buy 2 or 3 for the price of one pentair.
Amazon.com: Intermatic PE24VA 24-Volt Pool/Spa Water Valve Actuator: Patio, Lawn Garden

An example (may not be the correct model) of the Easytouch with SWG package.
Pentair 520545 EasyTouch 8 Function Control Pool/Spa Combo with IC40

Very nice pool! The pricing sounds pretty typical to me but where are you located? We're getting two pumps, one for water features and a Pentair VSP. We're doing the SWG, EasyTouch 8, and Screen Logic for automation.

Very nice pool! The pricing sounds pretty typical to me but where are you located? We're getting two pumps, one for water features and a Pentair VSP. We're doing the SWG, EasyTouch 8, and Screen Logic for automation.

I live in Southern California.

What size pump for your water feature? I want to make sure that my slide has enough water pressure, along with the waterfall.

Thanks!

How many gallons will the pool be?

I would probably go with the EasyTouch 8 and SWG package. Size is the question and why I asked how many gallons.

Actuators are required to automate the movement of the valves that turn features on and off. For example, if you want to click a button to turn on the spa, the Easytouch will activate a actuator to change the flow to the spa.

I used these actuators. You can buy 2 or 3 for the price of one pentair.
Amazon.com: Intermatic PE24VA 24-Volt Pool/Spa Water Valve Actuator: Patio, Lawn Garden

An example (may not be the correct model) of the Easytouch with SWG package.
Pentair 520545 EasyTouch 8 Function Control Pool/Spa Combo with IC40

Thanks so much for your help. I'm not sure how many gallons, but I'll try to get this information. I thought I wouldn't know until I started filling.

New build starting July 1st

The picture looks like they used a design program like Pool Studio. Your PB may be able to have the program give the gallons if you ask them.
Here is what we did:

Oh, it doesn't say there. We have 3 sheers, the spa, and 3 bubblers for water features.

The picture looks like they used a design program like Pool Studio. Your PB may be able to have the program give the gallons if you ask them.
Here is what we did:

Oh, it doesn't say there. We have 3 sheers, the spa, and 3 bubblers for water features.

Thanks for the breakdown. I think I need the niche light for the sun shelf. I will ask my PB for that information. I am supposed to be getting the layout plans on Monday. I'll post once I get them.

Thanks for the breakdown. I think I need the niche light for the sun shelf. I will ask my PB for that information. I am supposed to be getting the layout plans on Monday. I'll post once I get them.

Initially we wanted the LED bubblers for the shelf but due to condensation issues (and size) our PB talked us out of it and into the niche light. I think it's the right choice. Check out some of the other build threads around here. You'll get a ton of fabulous information, ideas, and it's fun reading and seeing the transformations from design to actual pool. Can't wait to see!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

A correctly designed spa does not need a blower, its an unnecessary expense.

Slides require a surprisingly low amount of water flow. Why do you think you need 3 pumps? Go with a waterfall pump, 3" plumbing and use a diverter valve to control the flow to the slide. You could automate this to have the waterfall, slide or both running if you choose.

The Easytouch 8 w/ IC60 (P/N 521150) is what I'd recommend. It comes with 2 valve actuators (Pool/Spa). You may need a couple more dependent on what you choose to automate. If you get an EasyTouch you need to include ScreenLogic2 (P/N 522104).

Is it because you're getting special jets? I'm also getting a spa.

No special jets. I was told on here that a correctly designed spa does't need one too and I looked into it but my research with the actual builders in my area indicated that most must not know how to design them that way because all 15 I spoke to said I needed the blower. Since my husband will like plenty of pressure anyway, I let it be. Many builders seem to be old school and don't like change. It made better sense in this particular case to let them do what they know rather than having them learn differently on my pool.

I think that 2 pumps should be plenty - as long as they are the right pumps.

A correctly designed spa does not need a blower, its an unnecessary expense.

Slides require a surprisingly low amount of water flow. Why do you think you need 3 pumps? Go with a waterfall pump, 3" plumbing and use a diverter valve to control the flow to the slide. You could automate this to have the waterfall, slide or both running if you choose.

The Easytouch 8 w/ IC60 (P/N 521150) is what I'd recommend. It comes with 2 valve actuators (Pool/Spa). You may need a couple more dependent on what you choose to automate. If you get an EasyTouch you need to include ScreenLogic2 (P/N 522104).

Thanks so much! I would like to cut out unnecessary things because there is always somewhere else to spend the extra money.

No special jets. I was told on here that a correctly designed spa does't need one too and I looked into it but my research with the actual builders in my area indicated that most must not know how to design them that way because all 15 I spoke to said I needed the blower. Since my husband will like plenty of pressure anyway, I let it be. Many builders seem to be old school and don't like change. It made better sense in this particular case to let them do what they know rather than having them learn differently on my pool.

I think that 2 pumps should be plenty - as long as they are the right pumps.

Again, thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.