N/B IG pool/spa/grotto/waterfall/slide start 7/26

I'm positive that's the case. There are several plasterers around here that will only install the lighter shades of quartz finishes for that very reason.

Stay posted, I'm conducting my own plaster experiment right now that I hope to have finished up in the week to come. I'm thinking you might want to hold off on plaster for now until you see the results for yourself ;)

I'll make a post showing the process and findings.

Here's the waterline tile that I've chosen.

Here's the raised stack stone.

No Fancy stone coping here, eventhough I think it is beautiful! Especially, going to a stone yard and seeing all of the choices, they are amazing. We've chosen to go with a cobble brown pour in place coping.

I'm a fan of the deeper earthier colors. Very nice! What is your stacked stone called? It looks similar to mine (mine has more base grays to it I think).

Pray tell, what is the white lining they've laid down?

The stacked stone is Autumn Horizon natural stone. It's from Thompson building supply, which is close to you also.

As Brian said, those are the forms for all of my coping. There's going to be a lot of concrete, so I need to find some good plants for the greenery.

Our stone all came from Thompson, the guys there are quite helpful and nice. We hand selected our coping stone (4,000 lbs) worth and the guys in the yard were more than happy to help us hand pick it (I managed half the weight, but my back was killing me afterward!). They would hold up pieces, let us measure them, wet them etc. before saying 'yea' or 'nay'. The guy we worked with in sales gave us a really good price for our stone (coping in particular).

Our stone all came from Thompson, the guys there are quite helpful and nice. We hand selected our coping stone (4,000 lbs) worth and the guys in the yard were more than happy to help us hand pick it (I managed half the weight, but my back was killing me afterward!). They would hold up pieces, let us measure them, wet them etc. before saying 'yea' or 'nay'. The guy we worked with in sales gave us a really good price for our stone (coping in particular).

That's awesome! I really liked it, but I worried about my 3 daughters climbing out of the pool and getting hurt. I really want to get more stacked stone for my retaining wall and BBQ, but my budget is imploding. [emoji31]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I want to talk more about that waterline tile!!! What does the bumpy looking pieces feel like? What color of grout will you use? That has some many neat details in it! WOW!

When you get the real stuff in I would love to see a shot of it. I bet that cost a dime or two!

:kim:

I want to talk more about that waterline tile!!! What does the bumpy looking pieces feel like? What color of grout will you use? That has some many neat details in it! WOW!

When you get the real stuff in I would love to see a shot of it. I bet that cost a dime or two!

:kim:

Oh no, I haven't even thought about grout. All these choices are overwhelming. I don't even know how to explain the feeling, it's still smooth.

HERE is a write up on outdoor lighting with the EasyTouch.

And HERE are some shots of mine when I was messing with colored lights (I ended up ditching the colors because they weren't bright enough). I just used generic landscape lights off amazon w/ 5W LED bulbs.

This is the current lighting...all soft white LED lights - about 60 of them!

HERE is a write up on outdoor lighting with the EasyTouch.

And HERE are some shots of mine when I was messing with colored lights (I ended up ditching the colors because they weren't bright enough). I just used generic landscape lights off amazon w/ 5W LED bulbs.

This is the current lighting...all soft white LED lights - about 60 of them!

Thanks! I'm going to have my cousin, who's an electrician take a look at it because I'm going to have to be honest that's reads like a foreign language. [emoji23]

I'm positive that's the case. There are several plasterers around here that will only install the lighter shades of quartz finishes for that very reason.

Stay posted, I'm conducting my own plaster experiment right now that I hope to have finished up in the week to come. I'm thinking you might want to hold off on plaster for now until you see the results for yourself ;)

I'll make a post showing the process and findings.

Plaster and Aquabright Comparison

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.