Raising TA without raising PH

May 26, 2008
Tennessee
I have searched the forum.. and probably missed an obvious answer.. but I am tired of looking.. I hope someone can help with a comment or two here.

24 foot round AG pool

CL 10 (coming down from opening shock)
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 50
CYA 35

I would like to raise the TA.. but need no increase in PH.. I am afraid using baking soda will also increase PH. Is there a way to increase TA without raising PH?

Duraleigh is right. The best way to raise your TA is by using baking soda. Of course, anything that you add to raise TA will raise your pH somewhat, but baking soda will do so the least. You might consider making a slight correction to your pH using muriatic acid first, say, by bringing it to 7.5, and then add the baking soda in the amount you need to bring the TA to where you want it to be. After circulating for an hour or so after adding the baking soda, recheck your TA and pH and treat accordingly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.