Help with SWG

On the top back of the pump there is a panel under a lad. Sometimes on start up it will trip a safety feature and the led screen will blink. You may have to hit the reset button on the panel. In addition, we put a bucket of water into basket area before restarting. Helps prime.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I got the hose on the pump trying to put water back in the system but it won't fill...have hit restart multiple times

22k gallon, IG Plaster, cartridge, VS pump, built 3/24/2016 (plastered twice) ,k-2006 test kit, SWG with spa, kreepy krawly cleaner

My pool guy had an issue with this too during my very brief pool school. I knew this was going to be a problem for me. Uggh. Probably need to rethink the pool guy...

22k gallon, IG Plaster, cartridge, VS pump, built 3/24/2016 (plastered twice) ,k-2006 test kit, SWG with spa, kreepy krawly cleaner

I don't have a lot of deep knowledge, we had a lot of the same type trouble when we started and had to constantly reset. We are able to prime with a hose. Hopefully someone else will pick this up. If it persists you may want to start a new thread with the issue in the topic.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Does the pump run for a little while and then stop?

Just the bucket full of water in the strainer basket should be enough for the pump to prime. The basket will not be full to the brim. There should not be a need (or even a method) to connect a hose to it.

If it only runs for a few seconds trying to prime, I'm no help. That doesn't sound like long enough for a pump to prime.

If it were mine, I would try closing the left-most manual valve on the suction line, so it is only clearing air from one of the intake lines. If that didn't work, I'd return that valve to the original position, and then try the same thing on the middle valve on the suction lines. If it primed that way, then I'd slowly re-open the valve that I'd closed, so the pump could gradually suck the air out of that line.

Probably a stupid question, but if ALL my suction lines are closed, shouldn't the basket over flow upon filling with water?

Check your skimmer baskets and valve positions. Even with the suction valves closed the pump basket won't stay full when you pour in water because it will run through the pump and filter and returns back to the pool. Pour a bucket in and then quickly close the lid and start the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are hitting your learning curve. You have new stuff to learn and it is hard. There will be bumps, some bigger than others. BUT in the end YOU will be in charge of your pool and it will look better than it ever has before.

Keep up the hard work and it will pay off with a clear pool and full wallet!

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.