Liner tear

cj3737

Jun 14, 2016
North Ogden, UT
Upon further inspection, I have a tear in my liner... unfortunatley its in the bottom. IS there any way to temp repair a liner underwater? I dont want to drain and replace just yet.. The tear in only about 1/2 inch long and in an area that wont see much traffic. I plan to replace in the future but im hoping this will last until fall

Yep you can patch it underwater. If you have an overlap liner cut a small piece of the excess overhang and use it instead of the flimsy patch that comes in most repair kits. If not try going to the pool store and see if they have any scrap vinyl.

Yes, you can apply the patch under water. Boxer adhesive works well under water. Cut 2 patches with rounded corners, 1 1" bigger than the tear all the way around, and the 2nd patch 1" bigger around than the first. Apply the smaller patch first, then the 2nd patch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.