Readings of Chlorine

Jun 24, 2016
Dowling,ON
Hi, having troubles keeping my Chlorine levels above .50 & Alkalinity levels above .40. The only way I get higher CL level is the day after a shock then it goes down again to .40 the second day. The CYA is 30-50 idea so the strips say I can put in 4.4 pounds of sodium bicarbonate with no change at all the next day or even 5 hrs after. I went to the pool place they said my phosphates r high & that's why my readings r bad.. They wouldn't even do the test for TA CL CYA or PH cuz they said it would mean any thing so the sold my some Phos defense to get rid of the phosphates even though I have the clear pool which is a 24 foot above ground round pool 4 foot deep with sand filter. My question is will a high they said it was high give a problem with getting my Chem levels from destroying them selves? It seem I can put all the Chems in with out them lasting more than 2 days other than PH that reading is always good.
so what do u think guys.

Welcome to TFP :)

We can help but its not going to be easy, you will have to make a decision and a leap of faith and stop believing what the pool store is telling you..

with bleach and your own test kit you can have crystal clear water... depending on how much CYA you have you may have to drain and replace some water but we will get to that..

check out the links below in my signature, I love and recommend the TF100 with the XL option as you will be doing a lot of testing to start out..

Let us know :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.