New Hayward Swimpure+ and Timer Issue

Blazej

Jun 24, 2016
Valley Center, CA
I have a new Hayward SwimPure+ control unit [replaced old Autopilot system]. I also got a new Pentaire 3 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump. The pump of course is programmable and can turn on by itself. The installer hooked it up to the existing Intex timer that powered the old equipment. As a result - the timer is now manually "ON". This is OK for the new pump but it also leaves the Hayward controller and Salt Cell "ON". My concern - what will happen to cell if it is left powered on 16hrs/day - day after day - when pump is OFF and there is NO FLOW. Will cell fail?.... or incur a reduced operating life.

I faced the same delimma with my VSP and SWG. What I did is bypass the timer to power up the pump. I use the VSP interneral scheduler for off and on.

Then I wired SWG through the timer so it wont be perpetually "on" when there is no flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.