What is the best time of day to run a SWG?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
This is kind of a dupe to a post in Above Ground Pools, so apologies if inappropriate. This is more general and kind of related to best time to add liquid chlorine.

If I only need to run the SWG for say, 5 hours, when should I do that? Night? Morning?

It really make very little difference as long as you are above the minimum FC level at all times.

If you have cheap night time power, then that kind of trumps everything.

You could always split the difference and run a few hours in the day and a few hours at night.

If there is no difference in power costs, I would prefer to run it during the day. One of the advantages of SWG is that it makes gradual small additions of chlorine vs dumping all in at once. I like the idea of it being replenished during the daytime hours when it being used up.

thanks guys! found out from the other thread I can indeed use the Intex SWG on an external timer so I will be able to run it different times - and I think it does make sense to run it for at least part of the day. looking forward to being even lazier than pouring a little bleach a couple times a day! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.