Green Cloudy pool

Groats

Jun 23, 2016
Simcoe
Hello! We've got ourselves a green cloudy above ground round pool with barely a few inches visibility (can't see the second step on our ladder)
We've been pool stored to death.. I don't have current numbers but they've had us go through 3 bottles of algaecide and a ton of stabilizer, in the midst we had switched to a swg and most recently shocked it. All I had to test on hand were strips, will try to post proper results soon.. But strip results mostly leaned to everything a little high except chlorine. It was in the '1-3 ok' range. Now it's been shocked last night with the recommended number of hth sock it with everything running all night and zero difference.(pump/sand filter) But from everything I've read since stumbling upon this site, I presume it's cya that will lead us to a partial drain.

:wave: welcome Groats!

Too bad about the current state of your pool but it sounds as if you're using the information provided here to turn pool life around. The best way to start is to start at the beginning. Visit the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and How to Chlorinate Your Pool for a good basis on the why's and how's. Then do a search for Richard's Inspirational thread that shows why the TFP way works when done correctly. After all that reading, it should be pretty obvious that you'll need a good kit and it will be $$$ well spent. Enjoy your time here! It's a great community of people passionate about pools!

In addition, based on what you've described, your next potential options will be driven by what your accurate tests reveal to us. You can't use test strips, and pool store testing is just about as useless. You must get your own recommended test kit (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C) - link below. That will be the key. If your own test kit indicates the water and current CYA level is still manageable, we'll show you how to fix it. But please make the test kit your #1 priority. I would recommend the TF-100 (XL Option with Speed Stir) for its fantastic value and efficiency. You'll be glad you did. Nice to have you with us.

We're about 2-3 hours from the border, and we need it cleared up sooner than ordering and finding a day off to drive and pick it up unfortunately. We've been battling it for weeks with the pool store. I will try and at least get a store sample tested to give us something to go on. We did shock it 2 days ago and it didn't budge at all.

My current issue is that we live in Canada and can't order the kits. I found the thread referencing a store that carries a 2005 model. A work in progress
Aside from EBay, maybe one of these can help you:
A place that sells Taylor test kits and reagents in Canada is “Water & Ice North America Inc” in Cambridge ON.
Commercial Swimming Pool Supply. They also have a branch in Nova Scotia. (902) 883-9120
Also try: Aquatech Logistics at Aquatech Logistics Inc. 1-888-624-0919

Make sure to look for the Taylor K-2006C.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.