Opportunity to buy used heater..need advice!

rbinn

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2015
Nanaimo BC
Hello All,

I have found a used Hayward H 350(?) that the owner is asking 600 for. Its older but looks to be in good shape. See pic

View attachment 50866

It is currently on propane but I would like to switch it to natural gas. Complet newbie at the heater thing so could use some help.

Do you think it's worth it? My pool is quite small and it would be used sparingly in conjunction with solar.

Any advice would be appreciated.

R

Is it currently hooked up like it appears in the picture? If so how well does it fire up? How does it look inside of it with the covers off? Minor rust is OK but flaking rust is bad. Definitely a lot more heater than you need but will work just fine provided you have sufficient gas supply to run it. Conversion kits can be purchased to convert to Nat gas. Were they really running it indoors like that??????

Thanks for the reply danpik. Heater was outside it is currently stored in garage. Property owner subdivided property for development so pool had to go. He has pumps, skimmers chemicals etc. for sale.

Because of the wait time for the gas install could I use a couple of 100 lb LP tanks? I would convert as soon as the install is complete.

Thanks

R

Take it apart and look at the bypass and see if it is in good shape. That old of a unit I can't imagine it's in good shape. Also, that appears to be a unit with a pilot light. This is out dated and will cost you $$$ even when are not using it as the pilot light will be one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.