How much salt to add to pool? Does pool math do this?

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
Hey,
I am having a SWG installed today. The Zodiac Auqapure EI. I believe the manual says to get the salt to an optimal 4000ppm. What does this mean? How much salt is that?

I have a 16x34 pool, approx 22,000 gallons.

How do I use pool math to figure this out? Thanks,

Yes, the Poolmath Calculator can help with that. First I enter your pool size (gallons) at the top, then on the salt row, if I enter "0" for (NOW) and 4000 (TARGET) it tells me that equates to 736 pounds.
Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

736 pounds??? jesus...Very family friendly forum here

I got that too, just thought it was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the Poolmath Calculator can help with that. First I enter your pool size (gallons) at the top, then on the salt row, if I enter "0" for (NOW) and 4000 (TARGET) it tells me that equates to 736 pounds.
Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Also, this is just fresh water from the hose, is there any salt in it already? I have the taylor k-2006, but that cant test salt right?

Are the aqua pure stripes any good?

I would not assume that your salt level is zero right now. But it is not likely over 500 ppm. I would probably go ahead and add about 3000 ppm and see what that SWG reports after that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.