Leveling question - first pool ?

Yes, you need to dig down the high side of the dirt until you level out with the low side. You will want to make sure that your base is solid. I went with a layer of crushed stone and compacted down. Whichever type of ground you have, compacting is a very good idea.

Pavers that many people use are the concrete blocks used for patios. I personally used 4"x 8"x 16" blocks found in the masonry section of HD/Lowe's. They were cheaper than patio pavers and much stronger (and bigger which gives you some room for leg movement). These are placed underneath each leg of the pool for support. If these are not used the legs are bound to sink into the dirt causing an unlevel situation.

The pavers should be dug down level with the rest of the area.

Just make sure you compact the entire area completely. Just level will not cut it. You'll need a good solid base to set the pool on. I had everything perfectly level but I did not have a solid compacted base under the paver where the legs set. As the pool filled you could hear occasional bangs. Yep 65,000 pounds of water snapping 2" pavers. Lost about 75% of them. Take your time. It's worth the effort....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.