Sharkline Matrix 24'x54" DIY install.

Jul 29, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Finally getting around to installing our pool.

So far we have dug the hole deepest part being 2' under grade with the low side going down 7".
16 Ton worth of crusher run for the base.

Tomorrow will be getting
18- 4"x8"x16" concrete caps for the posts
16-pieces of 1" pink foam insulation.
renting a plate vibrator

Planning on a 3" base of crusher then leveling blocks on that. Then filling, leveling, tapping more crusher to the top of the blocks. OR should I get the base right and dig out the holes for the blocks? I've been goin back and forth on this in my head for the longest!

Planning on blackfilling with the excavated dirt as well. 6" french drain on top of the backfill. From what I have read the dirt needs to settle 2 years and wait till a dry week before quickly changing out the liner.

For now pump and filter will be the intex 2650 gph pump and sand filter.

Thats all for now.....

We used 12 x 12 pavers and flattened about 3 inches of rock dust. When we dug the pavers in almost all sat on dirt. After it was up and filled it rained for about two weeks and darn if that thing didn't move at all. Very happy. We also did the French drain and buried half way...well in the process of.

AS of now we just put in the liner with the intention of adjusting it. But, does this look normal? or small? The seam that goes evenly on the cove does not even reach it!

Did they send me a small liner then I need?
Or do I go forward and stretch it?

Attachments

• 20160702_112849[1].jpg
    20160702_112849[1].jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 20160702_112909[1].jpg
    20160702_112909[1].jpg
    97 KB · Views: 284
You need to pull that liner to the other side of the pool. You've got too much bunched on one side. And hook up a shop vac n tape the openings off to create a vacuum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure, but the "waterline" tile mark should probably start out higher up. I believe the liner scratches as it fills. Is it a beaded liner or overlap?

When my SIL's pool was done, the filled it 3/4 of the way before cutting for the skimmer.

Any over lap that I've installed that had a pattern never went in with the border completely level the whole way around because I never dished the bottom of the pools out. I have found that the bottom seam always ran up the wall in one area. Always.

Forgot to update...

But after fighting the overlap liner a day and a half I bought a J-Hook liner. Took 1 hr to install the J liner! To ANYONE debating on which to buy...J HOOK J HOOK J HOOK....
SO much easier to install! Have about a foot left to fill. :) Then on to plumbing, deck, etc

Get that ladder out of that pool. It could ruin the liner.

Other than that, the pool looks great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.