Pool Store Readings - Help!

Shaf77

Jun 10, 2010
Toronto, ON. Canada
I'm out of town and my wife had to get the pool water tested at the pool store nearby. They do it for free and never try to sell us anything, so when I'm not around, we use them and when I am, we test ourselves.

They seem to have changed their system and gave her results below (they used to just write down the results on a note paper).

How do I interpret the CYA reading? Should I be using 100 or 50?

I always use these as my guidelines from TFP:

Vinyl with SWG
FC 3-5ppm
pH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 50-300*
CYA 70-80

Capture.JPG

Unless you exchanged a lot of water I would just assume CYA was whatever you last tested it at. There is no reason to trust that number.

Also, FC 1-4. LOL

Not sure I understand the question. Your CYA according to the pool store test is 100. They measured your TA at 50.

IMO, pay no regards to any of the pool store test. If you are using one of the recommended test kits always trust your testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't trust the numbers of the pool store. I literally posted minutes ago my experience yesterday with a pool store telling me I had a 100 CYA reading 6/17 and a 10 CYA yesterday. That 100 CYA number was a screw up and the owner admitted and apologized for the store's screwup.

I'd hate to drain 45% of my pool water because of a pool store screw up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.