How long for chlorine to drop down to target after reaching shock leve?l

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
Had to bring my FC up to shock level yesterday after some raccoons used my pool for a toilet. I turned off the SWG and when I left for work today the test results were:

FC 22
CC 0
CYA 70

I am wondering about how long it should take to get the FC down to my normal level of 5. The pool gets full sun all day. We are having a pool party tomorrow and I would prefer to have the chlorine level be lower than it currently is.

Also, I usually don't smell the chlorine but since adding enough to bring it up to shock level I can. I though smelling chlorine meant it was burning off "bad stuff" but my CC is 0. I'm confused.

If you get full sun all day, the FC is likely to be in the mid-teens by this afternoon.

The smell is likely the last remnants of CC outgassing after you took care of the raccoon presents. At high FC levels, you can sometimes pick up more of the chlorine smell even in a clear, low CC pool.

If you get full sun all day, the FC is likely to be in the mid-teens by this afternoon.

The smell is likely the last remnants of CC outgassing after you took care of the raccoon presents. At high FC levels, you can sometimes pick up more of the chlorine smell even in a clear, low CC pool.

Thanks! Any recommendation on when I should turn on the SWG again? I'm still so new at this that I don't want to mess anything up for our first big pool party.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.