High Pump and Filter Pressure

jzcop

May 12, 2015
fairfield, nj
Hi everone,

so i finished the install of my 15x30 54 inch pool. It's hard plumbed with 1.5 inch pipe. Elements are a hayward 1HP pump, Hayward C9002 cartridge filter and hayward cl200 Chlorinator. I recently have the pump pressure running up to 24 PSI which appears to be high and the return flow not as strong. Two days ago, I swapped out filters for my spare, bled and re started. The system ran at 16 PSI the whole day and had much better return. A few days later the pressure climbed steadily and is back at 24 PSI with weaker return flow again. Anyone have any clues or similar issue and can help me troubleshoot the issue? Attached is the Pic of my combination
Pool Pump 1.jpgPool Pump 2.jpg

The basic premise to having your own kit is accuracy in testing. We have found that pool store testing is quite frequently off by quite a bit, especially on the CYA test.

You can't do a proper Overnight Chlorine Loss Test using pool store testing. The OCLT will tell you if there is a problem that you can't see yet.

You best value is the TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

I'll also make the suggestion that you read more in Pool School concerning algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.