In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello Ladies and Gents.

Im not good at this stuff but here goes.

Name is Sparkmaster aka John. Im from New Hampshire and this is my 4th year with my pool.
I am a Master Electrician, Self Employed..

My pool is a 27' Above Ground.

I have a 150,000 Harward Propane heater that was 1 season old and purchased it for $300.00. Had it installed from local propane company and they charged me $800.00 to install.. I was there when they did it and I refused to pay.. Why?? Cause they told me it was a hard job and it would take them all day to do it. Their downfall was me taking the day off and seeing their employee only taking 50 minutes to do the job. I won the fight and paid $150 for parts and $110.00 for labor.
(that was the short version)

Just puchased a Pool Rover Jr. Pro for $299.00 at Namco.

Last year before pool was opened, i noticed a small leak coming from the pool. I took the cover off and found where it was coming. stupid me used a stick to move the debris from the area and somehow made the hole worse. I ran inside grabbed a towel and a patch kit. Did a small prayer and jumped in.. OMG :shock: 45 degree water.. Heart attack and than some.. I dove down and tried to patch and made the hole worse.. It was over. Cannot save it.. didnt take long for the water to go bye bye.

Purchased a new and better liner.. Did it myself, heck how hard could it be. took old out, brought in some new sand to fix the area where it been washed out.. Installed new liner and put hose and started to fill the bottom up enough so i could get the wrinkles out.. Everything went nice.. Now i started to put the pool railing together and I dropped my screwdriver. Yep you guessed it.. straight down it went and it was a perfect stab. WOW.. Anyways i patched it and its holding up..

So thats about it..

Thanks for this awesome site..

Hey, "Sparky",

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lot's of nice pool folks here to help with whatever your questions may be.

We get lot's of electrical questions about pool pump motors and supply lines out to pools.....hope you'll chime in and help out us "electrically challenged" folks.

Welcome to TFP!!

I lived in Meridith, Plymouth and Lin-Wood for 7 years - it's nice to see Granite Staters here :-D My 12 year old daughter and her mother live in Campton so I still get up there a few times a year to pick her up for our scheduled visits.

I certainly hope that you'll be willing to enlighten us (me) on some of our electrical questions :bowdown: