Pump Won't Turn Back On After Cleaning Cartridge Filters

mattbu

Sep 8, 2015
DFW, TX
We moved into our house last year, and this was my first time cleaning the filters. Once I reassembled everything, the pump motor wouldn't turn on. I tried resetting the GFCI plug, breakers, and nothing seems to be working. The pump is running on a 220v breaker, the lights (they're on a separate breaker, but also connected to the pump electrical) are also not working. Is it possible that I accidentally sprayed water on something that shouldn't and it just needs to dry off? If that doesn't work, what are some steps that I can do to troubleshoot the problem? I'm guessing that if I cannot get it working, I'd call an electrician, and not a pool tech?

If a GFCI is bad will the small light on it still come on when you test the outlet? It does, and was on when I first went to turn the pump back on. So it tripped at some point.

Edit: Yeah, I was checking the right breaker. None were tripped though.

Sounds like you have power to the GFCI breaker if the red led is lit. Why all your other breakers don't work is kinda of a mystery. You may actually really have a short somewhere that needs to be looked at. May want to hire a pro electrician to take a look.

I don't have an answer, but ...... While you are waiting to get the electrical issue figured out -- don't forget to test and dose the pool with bleach if needed. Add and brush around to mix it in. No need to let the pool go green waiting to fix the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah thanks, I was going to add a bit more than normal in the morning and give it a good brushing. I jokingly told. My wife I was going to have to add a bunch of chlorine to the water and get in and slosh around to mix it up... She looked at me like I was crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.