Nicheless Light Disadvantages

It's a nice concept to not have to worry about the stagnant water behind a bulb or potential leaking down the road. Many of today's lights are programmable and/or more efficient. Just like anything else however, I suspect it boils-down to quality. I was surprised to see a few customer reviews on Amazon not rate one particular manufacture all that well. I have small LED lights on my pool and they are great.

I have a 14-year-old Pentair Aqua Lumen II nicheless light. That particular light pretty much sucks, however the nicheless aspect of it has merits. One thing I do not like is the proprietary design of the bracket. There is not an LED light made that can be retrofitted to it. I'm not sure if they have resolved that or not with the current offerings, but ideally you should be able to change your light out down the road with something different if desired.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.