Omnilogic not detecting TriStar VSP SP3202VSP

Apr 23, 2016
Chalfont, PA
So I've tried for over 2 hours with no luck. I think I followed all the steps but I'm new to owning a pool. Any help would be much appreciated.

Steps I've taken

1. Power wires from pump connected directly to the breakers
2. Disabled the display panel on the pump by unplugging the terminal block that is connected to the RS485
3. Ran Red and white wire from the RS485 on the pump in the A/B slots to the low voltage on the Omnilogic in the 2/3 position
4. Went into the Omnilogic to configure the pump and the Omnilogic can't find the HUA address

What am I missing?

Bill

I haven't tried that since I was only trying to get the pump hooked up through the Omnilogic which involves disabling the display. The only thing I noticed was the instructions mentioned adding a third wire for improved communication. I may try that tomorrow. I didn't know if I was missing anything because I was frustrated.

I haven't tried that since I was only trying to get the pump hooked up through the Omnilogic which involves disabling the display. The only thing I noticed was the instructions mentioned adding a third wire for improved communication. I may try that tomorrow. I didn't know if I was missing anything because I was frustrated.

So I'm in the same boat a year later. What was the resolution?

I'm assuming you have the Tristar 3202VSP Model? There are a few different models out there. Certain models of the Tristar can be connected without any adjustments but a few models require adjustments for the Omnilogic to recognize it.

1. Make sure your software is up to date on the Omnilogic

2. Make sure the two wires running from the pump are connected correctly inside the Omnilogic.

3. Refer to page 17 "Automation" of the Tristar manual for rewiring the display panel on the pump. I believe this was the mistake I made because the display was still controlling trying to control the pump. After I followed those steps, I was able to generate a HUA.

Hopefully that helps. It's been over a year so I'm doing my best to remember everything I had to do. I do remember I started all over and followed the steps above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.