Walmart pool essentials 10% chlorine

If nobody noticed Walmart just went from 2.50 to 3.64 on this stuff. Anyone else have a good source?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Up here the stuff on the shelf is back to $3.64. However, they still have a pallet of the 3-pack box marked at $2.50/bottle. Relatively fresh stuff too. I just stumbled upon the pallet so look around, they may still have those where you are.

I just got back from my Walmart in Glen Carbon IL and they had their chlorine at 2.50 still. I went ahead and bought 10 gallons since I was able to find several with date codes of 16 166. There was a lot of 158 also. That's only a week or so old.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BNilsen2693 said:
I noticed that both Home Depot and Lowe's sell 10% Chlorine.....about $6.75 for a box of two one gallon bottles.
Just make sure to check the date on these, especially since they tend to store this outside where it is more exposed to the heat. I purchased some of this from HD or Lowe's a while back and found out that my 10% had degraded to 6% based on my testing and how much I had to add to reach my FC target.

Question from a newbie - I too have been picking up the $2.50 10% chlorine at Wal-Mart in west Houston lately. How do you know if it's fresh, i.e., how do you interpret the date on the bottle? The bottle I'm currently feeding my pool with has a stamp that reads "16 166 14:07 B2 TX-01."

I'm LOVING the TFP pool method!! Gave up on the pool store after a nasty algae outbreak this spring and they sold me $150 worth of chemicals. Figured there HAD to be a better way, and friends steered me here. Happiness is a crystal-clear pool and the control freak in me is in heaven with knowing my water is perfectly balanced daily!

16 is the year 166 is the 166th day of that year.
for 2016 the 166th day is June 16th (we had a leap year this year I believe).

Edit to Add:
Julian Calendar Date Stamp

If you google Julian Calendar for 2016 you can see what number range you should be in for your purchases.

Question from a newbie - I too have been picking up the $2.50 10% chlorine at Wal-Mart in west Houston lately. How do you know if it's fresh, i.e., how do you interpret the date on the bottle? The bottle I'm currently feeding my pool with has a stamp that reads "16 166 14:07 B2 TX-01."

that date is what it is. Wish the store near me had those dates... Starting to wonder if i have to go find another one... one closest has 15's left unless the 16 is just screwed up.... but mostly 100th day stuff... and 1 121 left... as i bought all their 147 days a week ago. so yea. i just learned this too. 166 day of 2016

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.