More granular measurement of TA

ITR

Gold Supporter
Nov 8, 2014
Clermont, FL
Is there a way to measure TA in a more granular way other than in increments of 10? Can I take 50ml of water and double the amount of each of the drops and get a measurement graduation that is in 5ppm? Not sure if this is a linear scale or not, but I'm looking for something a bit more accurate than 10ppm. (Yeah, overkill, I'm sure, but trying to understand the chemistry a bit better. TF-100 test kit, btw.

Waste of time. the precision of that test is plus or minus 10 ppm......regardless of the sample size.

For pool needs, TA has a very wide range to begin with so the test meets pool standards just fine but it will not do better than 10 ppm.

Thanks Smackdab. Just validate my think. And yes, I have a graduated cylinder that goes up to 100ml.

Appreciate the reply duraleigh. This was more for my own understanding than any need. I loved science in school, but haven't had a need to use Chemistry in real life in over 30 years. Trying to figure everything out all over again is...dare I say...fun. Good to know I was thinking about this straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.