rapidly dropping pH

G

Hi, all
New to TFP but was on Pool Solutions for a long time. I have a 25 yd, 2 lane, 3 1/2 to 5 ft depth pool and since I just re-opened this week I can't remember how many gallons that is. Opened about 6 days ago, used calcium for opening bec Ca level was low and pH was around 8.0. Yesterday with full test kit the TA was 100. I can't figure out why my pH has gone down to 6.8 today (it was 7.5 yesterday). Is it the calcium I used? ANy harm in the pH's being this low? Thanks for your thoughts! Eileen

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave:

What are you using to chlorinate your pool? Also, we can't help you figure this out until you post a full set of test results. Do you have a test kit? If not, you should consider investing in a TF100. The link can be found all over the board and in my siggy.

If your pH is truly that low, you must bring it up to 7.5 pronto with Borax 20 Mule Team! Please get us a full test result of FC, CC, TC, pH, TA, CH and CYA levels. Also, it would be beneficial if you provide us your location and pool specs in your siggy by using the user control panel in the top left of every page.

Please do check out Pool School so you can brush up on pool care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.