New Pool - Southern New Jersey

0f4fc12e4785a06acfda804ef19e5f99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - I can't wait to see it all put together. We were a little apprehensive going with the blue gemstone for the entire pool including the raised beam. As I think I've mentioned we are going to have a 31" height difference between the pool and the spa level. We were a little worried that this choice might be too "busy". However, when we started thinking of going something more neutral we ran into the problem of all the surrounding concrete and not having enough color. In the end, I think we made good choices and are going to be happy with the outcome. This is definitely an exciting process!

Nice backyard and I love your choice of colors and tile. Will you be required to fence it in since you don't seem to have a back yard fence?

Yes, we are required to fence it in. That's going to be part of the process. We already picked a fence and signed that contract too. Going with black aluminum like the one my neighbor has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, here's a brief update on the process. I received a call from the pool builder this morning. He told me that the permits will be ready to get picked up today or tomorrow. They will be putting me on the schedule to start digging as early as next week, but he wasn't able to give me a date yet.

In the meantime, I have been working to dig up my sprinkler heads and pipes that run through the center of my backyard. Should've considered the 7 P's when they designed the sprinkler system because it is hot out there trying to dig it up. Also, I have a circular plastic cover right in the middle with some wires connected in it. I don't know how to handle the piece of it yet. I'm good with digging up the PVC and flex pipe, but not sure how they routed the electric piece of it. So, any help on the would be appreciated. I'm trying to minimize how much work my sprinkler guy will have to do when I call him out after the pool is in place to re-route the one zone around the pool.

So, here's a brief update on the process. I received a call from the pool builder this morning (Blue Haven Pools). He told me that the permits will be ready to get picked up today or tomorrow. They will be putting me on the schedule to start digging as early as next week, but he wasn't able to give me a date yet.

In the meantime, I have been working to dig up my sprinkler heads and pipes that run through the center of my backyard. Should've considered the 7 P's when they designed the sprinkler system because it is hot out there trying to dig it up. Also, I have a circular plastic cover right in the middle with some wires connected in it. I don't know how to handle the piece of it yet. I'm good with digging up the PVC and flex pipe, but not sure how they routed the electric piece of it. So, any help on the would be appreciated. I'm trying to minimize how much work my sprinkler guy will have to do when I call him out after the pool is in place to re-route the one zone around the pool.

We had our system capped at the edge of the backyard zones when the dig started. This allowed us to still use the front yard system while we are building in the back yard. Also, they excavated all of the existing pipes (and one of those plastic things with wires) during the dig. We didn't have to dig up anything. Have you asked your sprinkler guy what he recommends you do?

No, I haven't asked my sprinkler guy yet what I should do. I've shut off that zone and the grass is starting to die. Unfortunately, I have trees planted around the outside of my backyard that I need to keep watering. I was trying to get it all dug up so that I only had to call him back to reinstall the one zone. There's only 4 heads in the zone and the thing with the wires. Although, it's been so hot out there, I'm tempted to just leave it and let them dig it up - almost not worth it for $30 in plastic pvc and a few heads.

No, I haven't asked my sprinkler guy yet what I should do. I've shut off that zone and the grass is starting to die. Unfortunately, I have trees planted around the outside of my backyard that I need to keep watering. I was trying to get it all dug up so that I only had to call him back to reinstall the one zone. There's only 4 heads in the zone and the thing with the wires. Although, it's been so hot out there, I'm tempted to just leave it and let them dig it up - almost not worth it for $30 in plastic pvc and a few heads.

Ha! I think I agree with you. I'd put in a quick call and see if he can give you any advice without having to come out until it's time to reinstall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let the dirt begin!

Okay so you next job is to measure when they are done. Is it deep, long, wide, etc enough? Are all of the pieces there? Benches, steps, shelfs etc. Add about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.