Aquacomfort act750 heat pump

Jun 9, 2015
East Meadow/NY
Hello there,

Does anyone know if the Aquacomfort ACT750 comes standard with the option to keep the filter pump running until it reaches the desired temp. One dealer did state the filter pump would need to be on ie with timer for the heat pump to sense the water temp and if it wasn't at the desired temp then the heat pump would be able to keep the filter pump on until it got to temp. And it would require an electrician to do some certain hook up. One dealer quoted me a lower price with free shipping but was unaware of this option and the other who is local said their unit comes standard with it but it's considerably more money. I am getting mixed answers on this.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Aquacomfort I have doesn't have any automation directly to control a pump. It will accept a relay input to turn the heat pump on and off. If you just have a pump timer to control your pump you will need to add a separate timer or relay to control the heat pump. Here is a link to the owners manual. The controls on the unit are very basic.

http://www.aquacomfort.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ACT-XL-Owners-Manual-R22.pdf

It's not that it's impossible to wire the heat pump to control the pool pump it's just not built into that unit according to the manual. Aquacomfort only sells units thru authorized dealers and I'm sure they can customize the controls to suit the needs of a dealer. Or that one dealer is giving you a kit of parts they have put together to make the unit work as you described. The control panel on that unit is very basic and it would be very easy to set up some relays to do what you are describing. Also make sure both dealers are talking about the same unit. There are other heat pumps on the market with similar names.

- - - Updated - - -

My ACT750 heat pump I purchased this year from my PB in CT cost about 2000 if I remember correctly. I don't know if that helps or not.

I got mine from treats pools, they are a local builder in south east CT. The unit weighs about 200lbs and is roughly a 3 foot cube shipping is going to be costly. They may have given me a discounted price because I bought it as part of my pool from them. Aquacomfort has its head quarters and builds its units in Wallingford, CT. On their website they say they don't allow internet sales of their products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.