RAIN RAIN RAIN

kenmccall

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2009
Macon Ga
We are getting a ton of rain and is there any reason to shock the pool if the FC is holding right where it is suppose to be and the CC is 0? Check it in the evening and early morning and it is stable at 5. PH is drifting a little but I did bring it down to 7.5 and everthing else is good for now. Thanks

Interesting posts. It seems to me that rain alone has little affect on pool water chemistry. It's when the deck is sloped incorrectly (common) and run-off water is allowed to get into the pool that the effects are much more dramatic.

Ha ha, it's raining here in Central Arkansas as we speak. We are expecting 4". I have a temp pool solution going on before we get our big one installed later this summer or early fall. We went with the 18' x 48" Intex. I have to admit that it is a pretty nice set up, except for the pump. We got a bigger one based on reviews. It works like a champ. I am using the BBB method and so far so good. Only been up since Wednesday, May 20.
I was wondering what effect the rain would have on it. Glad to know that it doesn't have a big effect on it.
I can tell you one thing, I will be looking for some bulk baking soda, borax and bleach.

Tons of Rain in Florida any idea why it makes my water cloudy?

FC4.5
TC 4.5
TA 50
CYA 40
PH 7.4

Butterfly said:
cval said:
Tons of Rain in Florida any idea why it makes my water cloudy?

FC4.5
TC 4.5
TA 50
CYA 40
PH 7.4
Are you running your SWG? If yes, then your CYA is too low. The TA is low for SWG or LC/bleach. What are your salt & CH levels?

Had to do a lot of draining with the Rain that brought down CYA level down.

CH 250

salt 3100 strip

2300 salt generator need to add salt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.